Youth Development Professional
The Youth Development Professional a team member committed to safety and student success helping middle and high school students succeed academically and emotionally, and capable of problem-solving and troubleshooting on a day-to-day basis. This is a part-time position.
● Maintain a positive Boys & Girls Club culture, with high energy, strong teamwork, and effective collaboration with other staff.
● Oversee safety of Club members, including supervision during inside learning, outside activities, and entry/exit.
● Assist with all aspects of homework — accessing assignments, completing homework, checking grades and using extra time well.
● Organize and lead a range of activities for members that are fun, engaging, instructional and that develop team building skills.
● Ensure that members actively participate in programs and activities.
● Respect and recognize members for their efforts.
● Provide guidance to members; act as role model to Members.
● Maintain a healthy and safe environment, including daily cleaning and sanitizing responsibilities.
● Exercise sound decision making, problem-solving skills, and restorative justice practices in resolving club members’ needs or issues.
● As part of our staff team, identify day-to-day needs and areas of improvement for the Club.
● Follow protocol with incidents by notifying the Site Director immediately and writing an incident report.
● Participate and demonstrate leadership in Special Events as needed.
● Assume other duties as assigned.
● Initiate new programs with the approval of the Site Director.
Experience and Skills
● Experience working with young people.
● Knowledge of the Coastside community and especially the Cabrillo Unified school system helpful.
● High school degree (or equivalent) and commitment to helping students access K-12 and higher education.
● Understanding of the developmental needs of young people.
● Strong oral communication skills.
● Ability to problem-solve during day-to-day Club activities.
● Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline issues.
● Ability to pass required background checks.
● Willingness to adhere to rigid COVID safety guidelines.
Our After School program is open every day after school. Shift times are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 2:45 to 6:15 and Thursdays from 1:45 to 6:15. We are currently looking for staff to work Tuesday and Thursday. (Additional hours are also available.) Candidates must be available at least Tuesday and Thursday each week.
We are hiring for positions that begin immediately.
We do need some “on call” substitute workers as well.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
Initial reviews will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
BGCC is an equal opportunity employer.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of this employee. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.