Boys and Girls Club of the Coastside
Remote Learning Assistant
The Remote Learning Assistant is a team member committed to safety and student success helping middle and high school students access their remote learning during the COVID-19 pandemic, and capable of problem-solving and troubleshooting on a day-to-day basis. This is a part-time temporary position.
- Maintain a positive Boys & Girls Club culture, with high energy, strong teamwork, and effective collaboration with other staff.
- Oversee safety of Club members, including supervision during inside learning and outside break and entry/exit activities.
- Within COVID specific guidelines, assist with all aspects of remote learning — accessing technology, participating, completing class and homework.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment, including daily cleaning and sanitizing responsibilities.
- Support academic success with attention to student and Club needs for supplies.
- Follow protocol with incidents by notifying the Site Director immediately and writing an incident report.
- Exercise sound decision making, problem-solving skills, and restorative justice practices in resolving club members’ needs or issues.
- As part of our staff team, identify day-to-day needs and areas of improvement for the Club.
- Participate and demonstrate leadership in Special Events as needed.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Experience working with young people.
- Knowledge of the Coastside community and especially the Cabrillo Unified School system.
- High school degree (or equivalent) and commitment to helping students access K-12 and higher education.
- Understanding of the developmental needs of young people.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve during day-to-day Club activities.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline issues.
- Ability to pass required background checks.
- Willingness to adhere to rigid COVID safety guidelines.
Remote learning is (currently) offered Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday in the morning. Candidates must be available at least two of these day each week.
We are hiring current for positions that begin immediately.
We do need some “on call” substitute workers as well.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Send an email that speaks to your qualifications for and interest in this position and a resume to ExecDirector@bgccoastside.org
Please also let us know which hours you are available between 7:30 AM and 6 PM Monday to Friday.
Initial reviews will begin immediately and the position will remain open until filled.
BGCC is an equal opportunity employer.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of this employee. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.