How do I sign up?
Click the orange “Become a Member” button
Where is the Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside located?
The Coastside club is located on the Cunha Middle School campus, 600 Church Street, in the portable classroom facing the Soccer Complex in downtown Half Moon Bay. The building at 530 Kelly Avenue is a gym shared by CUSD and BGCC for community use and is not the Club House.
When is the Cunha Club open?
Monday through Friday, the Club is open to members during school lunchtime and after school until 6:00pm. Staff can be contacted between 10:00am-6:00pm at 650-712-9710.
Please check bulletin boards and read flyers regarding any change in operating hours. In general, if there is a school holiday or other school schedule change, the Club has probably changed its operating hours, too.
Who can come to the Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside?
At the Cunha Middle School site, we are open for youth in grades 6-8. Throughout the year we offer special events for all ages.
The Teen Center is open to any student in high school.
We host camps, sports and special events for various ages.
How does a child become a Club member?
A complete membership form signed by a parent or guardian is required. Membership is only $30.00 per school year. Membership registration is available on our website.
Why is membership so low?
The goal of the Boys & Girls Club is to serve all children regardless of their economic level. The annual membership fee pays for only a small portion of the actual cost.
Certain programs, including the Middle School School programs have additional fees. Financial aid is always available. No child is ever turned away.
How does the Boys & Girls Club provide such wonderful programs with low fees?
The staff, board of directors, and people of the community work together each year to raise funds to continue the Boys & Girls Club programs. The Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside is a non-profit agency responsible for raising all of the money needed to run local programs and pay staff.
Funds are raised in several different ways:
- Grants: The staff applies for grants available for specific programs. Grant money is restricted, meaning it can only be used for what is explicitly written in the grant.
- Special Events: Events such as auctions, and dinners are sponsored and organized by local individuals and businesses to raise funds for the Club’s general fund.
- Corporate Gifts: Corporations and local businesses may donate to support the Club’s overall mission or its individual programs.
- Individual Giving: Many individuals from the community give generously to support the Club.
How can I help?
There are many ways:
- Support the Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside financially. Sponsor a child, attend a special event, or make a one-time or on-going donation.
- Donate your time as a volunteer to mentor members, assist the staff, coach sports teams, etc.
- Encourage the program staff, and spend time getting to know them. Thank the staff for planning quality programs and giving Coastside youth their time and attention.
If you have a question that is not answered here, please feel free to call, email, or contact us here.