It takes much to keep our doors open for all the youth on the Coastside, and we need your help. Please consider one or more of the following suggestions as your way of helping.
We have much to do!
- Remember the Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside in your will or trust.
- DONATE by clicking here to make online contribution!
- Donate your car. We have a partner who will do all work and BGCC is the beneficiary of the sale. Click here to get started or call (650-712-9710) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more.
- Donate stocks or securities. There can be substantial tax benefits to the donor. Talk to your tax professional to learn more. Click here to download our Stock Transfer instructions.
- Use AmazonSmile when you shop. Click here to learn more and get started.
- Become personally involved in the lives of our members by serving as a mentor or volunteer, click here to learn more.
- Spread the good news by sharing the Boys & Girls Club story with friends and business associates.
- Mail a check, payable to BGCC, to PO Box 545, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019.
Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside is a 501c3 nonprofit organization and contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of current law. Our Tax ID is 94-3193725.
Help Coastside Youth and Accrue Tax Benefits
The CARES Act’s Charitable Giving Provisions
Universal Charitable Deduction
The CARES package includes a temporary universal charitable deduction. This deduction will
allow all taxpayers to claim an above the line charitable deduction for cash donations up to $300 through December 31. Donations to donor advised funds and supporting organizations are not eligible for this deduction.
Adjusted Gross Income Limitation
The law also lifts the cap on annual deductions for cash contributions for those who itemize,
raising the cap from 60% to 100% of adjusted gross income. The cap for corporations has been
increased from 10% to 25%. For food donations, the corporate cap has been increased from
15% to 25%.
What this Means for You
Kids need your help now more than ever. For many, childhood has been suspended. The Club
is a source of stability, consistency, and connection for teens. We are providing access to
remote learning, virtual homework help, mentorship, and enrichment activities with friends and trusted mentors.
Your gift helps us maintain and grow these programs. And with these new tax incentives, there
has never been a better time to support BGCC.
*Written 3/26/2020. Information provided above does not substitute for the advice of your tax advisor or attorney. Please see your tax advisor or attorney for full advice on implications of the CARES Act.