BGCC Girls Basketball
Coach: Antonio Veloso
Half Moon Bay High School, Varsity Coach
(20 years of coaching at the college and high school level)
BGCC Girls Basketball is a program designed to introduce young women to competitive sports. This program helps them develop confidence, communication, and competitive skills— whether they are new to basketball or looking to advance their skills.
- Open to 4th-8th grade girls
- All levels welcome —entry-level to advanced
- Introduces and develops basketball fundamentals through teamwork
- Focus on communication, athleticism, and having fun
- Entry-Level (equal play time), competitive Club Level (6-8th grade), organized open gyms & camps
- Year-Round Program compatible with multiple sports
- Feeds into highly ranked HMBHS basketball program
- Practices/Games at BGCC and Half Moon Bay High School
Since the BGCC Girls Basketball program’s inception in 2014, many young women in the program have advanced their athleticism — in various sports. During the workouts and practices, the girls have the opportunity to form connections with the HMBHS Girls Varsity Basketball players. Many have gone on to join the 2-time Central Coast Section HMBHS Girls Basketball program (which is currently ranked #5 in wins among public schools in the Central Coast Section over the past eight seasons.) Former players and current Varsity girls regularly coach, mentor, and develop an interaction through all levels of basketball on the coastside.
Our philosophy is to give every girl on the coast the opportunity to build confidence, encourage positive interaction towards a common goal, and develop character through participation in basketball.
For more information about the BGCC Girls Basketball program,
please contact Coach Veloso at Antonio_Veloso@steris.com.
If you would like to learn more about the HMBHS Girls Basketball program we work with, click on the links below: