The Program Staff Member is an effective communicator, intuitive to the Club’s needs, and capable of active problem-solving on a day-to-day basis. This is a part-time position.
Day-to-Day Facilitation and Support
- Maintain a positive Boys & Girls Club culture, with high energy and strong teamwork, and effective collaborations with other staff.
- Exercise sound decision making, problem-solving skills, and restorative justice practices in resolving club members’ needs or issues.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment, including a well-kept facility and Club equipment.
- Oversee safety of Club members, including supervision during inside and outside activities. Follow protocol with injuries/incidents by notifying Site Director immediately and writing an incident report.
- Maintain a strong sense of leadership in facilitation of daily activities with club members. Take active role in coordinating academic and recreational activities with Club members.
- Participate and demonstrate leadership in special events as needed.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills
- One to three years’ experience working with the Coastside community
- A minimum of 1 year’s work experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to think quickly and problem-solve during day-to-day Club activities.
- Ability to deal effectively with members including discipline issues.
- Demonstrated ability in working with young people and parents.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for at least 1 hour.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Level: Program Staff
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: 0-1
Years preferred Level of Education: High School
Starting Date : ASAP