Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside Executive Director
The Boys and Girls Club of the Coastside (BGCC) seeks a visionary Executive Director. The BGCC was founded in 1994 and has grown to become an over $500,000.00 organization nonprofit organization serving over 800 kids in Half Moon Bay, California.
TITLE: Executive Director
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
STAFF SIZE: 1 Full time and 12 part time personnel
HOURS: Full time salaried position
SALARY RANGE: $75,000.00 to $95,000.00 – Potential for growth as the organization grows
BENEFITS: Medical, Long-term Disability, IRA
LOCATION: 600 Church Street Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
ABOUT US: Boys & Girls Club of the Coastside is a unique organization consisting of 1 school-based program in Half Moon Bay and 3 Sports league programs. Our Club offers dynamic programs including academic support, leadership development, arts, technology, sports and recreation for members ages 6-
- Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of young people by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, and belonging.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: In accordance with the elements of competence established for Boys & Girls Club executives, the Executive Director is responsible for managing the strategic planning and operation of the Club, in support of organizational mission and goals with the major objectives, financial sustainability through continued development of our donor base, program expansion.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Develop strategic plans to generate revenues
through variety of fundraising and grants.
- Ensure annual budget is funded and organization has adequate cash flow.
- Successful funding development planning and fundraising.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit donors.
- Oversee planning of special events.
- Provide guidance to staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
- Experience in financial business management with budget of $200,000 or larger and familiarity in nonprofit policies and procedures.
- Ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community.
- Support the organization’s mission and principals.
- Maintain an environment that facilitates the achievement of youth development outcomes.
- Implement programs, services, and activities that support youth development outcomes.
- Establish and monitor adherence to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for staff, evaluations, annual reviews.
- Implement a strategic planning process that results in the development and implementation of a quality strategic plan.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement and implement plans for improvements.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the Club’s annual budget.
- Implement administrative and operational systems to support effective operations.
- Director Database to manage donations.
- Ensure productive and effective staff performance, providing guidance, feedback, and opportunities for professional development.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, donors, and community organizations.
Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of club programs, services, and activities and maintain good public relations.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Experience with a for-profit or non-profit organizations.
- Youth Development.
- Grant writing.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Knowledge of local Coastside area and local schools.
Submit resume and cover letter along with one page writing sample letter to a potential funder introducing a nonprofit organization explaining why they should support it to:
Virginia Perry, BGCC, PO Box 545, Half Moon Bay, CA 94019 or via email at email@example.com
No calls please
Interviews to begin March, 2019