Our Covid Summer Program
This certainly was not your typical summer — and our summer camp wasn’t either! We did offer a limited summer program targeting young who were impacted by remote learning in the spring. Partnering with CUSD, we were able to provide a targeted program to support 27 rising 6th-9th graders.
Each participant received a Chromebook and ear buds to access tutorials on an interactive education platform called I-Ready. Between June 15 and July 10th, students received academic support, participated in cultural activities and engaged with counselors. The more activities students completed, the more incentive stars they earned to “shop” at the end.
Congratulations to Jonathan Lopez — who earned the most stars!
- Weekly Folklorico Dance Classes on Zoom!
- A book club focused on culturally relevant literature using Epic!
- Weekly, in-person check-ins outside at Cunha, Pillar Ridge, and Moonridge
- Socially-distanced activities such as mask decorating!
- Fun self-paced math and language instruction using I-Ready
- Daily check-ins with program counselors